Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

And so ends my first full year! It's been quite a year, too. Look at all I've done and learned!

Celebrated my first Christmas (remember, Mommy and Daddy were both sick for Dec 25th so we delayed it until January)
Got my second tooth (and many more)
Had my first meat - turkey!
Learned to roll over
Learned to hold my own bottle
Pulled myself up to standing
Found my nostrils with my fingers!
Learned to crawl
Learned to sit up by myself
Outgrew my first car seat
Learned to clap
Learned to use a sippy cup, and later a real cup (still working on that)
Played at the park for the first time!
Learned to feed myself, crackers at first
Said "Dada" and "Mama" and then many more words
Told my first joke ("Who's got a big buddha belly" - "Dada!")
Played the piano
Had my first surgery, for my ear infections
Had my first taste of ice cream (and I loved it, just like Mommy!)
Stood up all by myself, without support!
Learned to WALK!
Had my first birthday
Learned to wave bye-bye
Got my first kiss from a boy!
Played with Legos
Was Daddy's little helper in the yard, garage, and all over!
Learned that airplanes are fun to wave and yell at
Flew my first kite
Picked pumpkins and had my second Halloween
Got promoted from the high chair to a booster seat
Drew lots with crayons
Learned the concept behind "pouting"
Helped decorate the Christmas tree and had my second Christmas
And best of all, I got to see lots of friends and family!

Quite a year, wasn't it? I'm sure 2009 will be even better!