Thursday, December 25, 2008

My second Christmas!

Merry Christmas for the second year in a row! This year was bound to be even more exciting than last year. I am now 18 months old, after all, and we'd been reading books about Santa for a few weeks now.

It started off well, with me getting the "spa treatment". Okay, so this was a little unplanned, but I woke up feeling not so "fresh" and Mommy and Daddy both agreed I needed a bath before I could open up any presents. That's okay, I had a good time in the tub too. (Look at how big I am in my duck tub! I've had it a year now and have just about outgrown it. But the most fascinating thing to Daddy is that he hasn't had to put any air in it since that first fill. He finds these kinds of things interesting.)



Once the day at the spa was over, we all wanted to get some good family photos, since we had not had a chance to yet. So Daddy brought out the tripod and I did my best to look cute. I can only be that way for so long, you know, but I was pretty good this time, and we were able to get some decent photos.



Then finally we could start opening presents! I have to admit, I wasn't yet quite as excited about opening them as Mommy and Daddy say I will be in the future. But I did have fun ripping the paper off a couple, and pulling the tissue paper out of gift bags was pretty fun too!

I got a book from the ladies at day care and wanted to read it right away!



You remember my duck towel in the first picture? It's getting a little small so Mommy got me a new, larger one! I liked this one!



In fact, I promptly took hold of it and ran around the house!



Like I said, opening gift bags was the most fun because I could pull out the crinkly paper.



This is a gift to Mommy from Grandma and Grandpa Roslewski, but that didn't stop me from trying to figure out how to play Sudoku!



My "Aunt Charlie" sent a nice box of clothes, but I thought the box itself looked like a lot of fun too. I colored on it and then decided to sit in it!



Thank you everyone for all your great presents. I got a lot of neat stuff and can't wait to play or wear all of it! However, I lost interest in opening the presents long before the presents ran out. Can you tell?



Mommy and Daddy wisely decided we'd just wait on the rest of them for later. So instead, what did I do? Went to the kitchen and played with my sippy cups for the next half hour or so!