Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I know it's not really Halloween, but the whole city is celebrating it today instead of tomorrow.  We don't know why either!

Mommy helped me get ready, and we really went all out.  She put my hair up with bobby pins and even used mousse to hold it in place!  I was ready by 5:30 but it wasn't even close to dark outside.  So I played a little music on my xylophone.  Oops, it's upside down!


Mommy took a cute picture of Daddy and me on our front step.


Around 6:00 I couldn't wait any longer (and Mommy and Daddy were having a hard time trying to distract me any more), so we headed out into the neighborhood.  We started with our immediate neighbors before venturing out down the block.  It was still pretty light outside.


We went to a few more houses but nobody was really ready for us yet.  So we came home and had a few pieces of candy.  When it got a little darker, we headed back out.  Now we got to go to a lot of houses!  I got to practice saying "trick or treat" and "thank you" a bunch!  This was the first year where we've gone to more than just our closest neighbors, so it was a lot of fun.  We went all the way down our block and back.

When we got back home I helped Mommy hand out candy.  Trick or treaters would come to the door and I'd say "I think you'd like... this!" and hand them some candy.  Mommy noticed something funny, though - everything I handed out was a type of candy that I liked too!  Doesn't everybody like the same things I do?  I had a great time handing out the candy and helped Mommy all the way to the last trick-or-treater.  I got to stay up super late!