Saturday, October 9, 2010

OU Aviation Day

Every year the airport in Norman (OU's Westheimer Airport) holds an "Aviation Day" where they have a lot of neat airplanes and things for kids to do.  Daddy and I have gone the last two years, but this year Mommy went too!

The first thing we headed for was this blue police helicopter.  Daddy was so proud of me.  Notice that I'm in the right seat, the pilot's seat in a helicopter!


When we got out of the helicopter, we looked down the parking ramp and saw Mr. Steve and his wife Brittany.  I took off running toward them and gave Mr. Steve a big hug!


We talked with them for a while and then went around to see other airplanes.  We climbed aboard the FAA's DC-3 (which we've been aboard before but it never gets old), and got a window seat!


This DC-3 was used by the FAA for flight inspection of navigational signals, and I got to pretend to be the "Flight Inspection Recorder".


They had a lot of activities for kids, and now I'm finally old enough to start doing some of them.  Here Daddy and I make a paper rocket that we launched by stepping on an empty water bottle.  It went really high!


I was fascinated by the miniature control tower and light gun, but needed Daddy's help to stretch way out there!

I was glad we got to show Mommy how much fun Aviation Day is!