Saturday, October 16, 2010

Orr Family Farm

We had planned to go to the "Orr Family Farm" today.  It's a farm with hayrides, pumpkin patch, a corn maze, petting zoo, and lots of other fun stuff.  But I wasn't feeling very well this morning, and even though yesterday I had been excited about going, I told Mommy this morning that I didn't feel like going to the farm today.  I ate some breakfast and watched a movie, and then Daddy asked me if I felt better and wanted to go now.  No, I still felt yucky.  Then he mentioned that they have a carousel with horses.  All of a sudden I felt much better, jumped up, and was ready to go!

And guess what, the rest of the day you'd have had no idea I felt sick this morning!

The first thing we went on was of course the carousel.


Then we started exploring!  When I saw this next thing, the giant pillows, I couldn't wait.  It was like a really big bouncy-bounce that Daddy and Mommy could go on too.  We got a lot of exercise! 


The last time we were here I was far too little to go on the pedal cars (I had just turned 1), but now I'm a lot bigger and could do it all by myself!


Usually Daddy and Mommy have to ask me to pose somewhere so they can get a picture.  But this time I surprised them, walking up to this pumpkin display and saying "Daddy, take a picture of me!" 


They had these really fun slides.  They were really long and big enough for all of us to go on.  We went down a lot, sometimes racing against each other, sometimes with me in Daddy's lap.  I'd get off at the bottom and run right back up to the top.  Whee!  Watch the video at the bottom of the page too, Daddy and I are going down together.


I don't know what this horse's name was, but she was really nice.  She came right over to us and gave us loveys!  She poked her nose in my tummy and I giggled.  We gave her a lot of loveys in return!


This little pig was very inquisitive too.  He liked sniffing my shoes!


I knew right away which pumpkin I wanted!


We got to go through their corn maze, and I always wanted to be the leader!


They had a playground too, and Daddy and I did what we like doing best - scaring Mommy!  I told Daddy I wanted to go upside down on the bar, so he helped me.  And then let go!
  

We also went on a train ride, a hay ride, saw a lot more animals, got a pumpkin at a real pumpkin patch, and did a lot of running around.  Like I said, you'd never know I was sick today!  On the way out, I insisted on one more thing - I had to sit in the toy spaceship.  Ready for takeoff!


It sure was a fun day!