Friday, October 29, 2010

Carving our pumpkins!

Mommy bought two more big pumpkins yesterday, so tonight we got to carve them. This was my first time ever carving pumpkins, so I was pretty excited and had a great time. Mommy and Daddy each got a big one, and I got my Piper-sized one that Grandma Roslewski gave me!

Daddy helped me out by cutting off the top of my pumpkin.  I couldn't wait to see what was inside it!


Then I found out we had to reach in and scoop all that stuff out before we carved it.  Yuck!


But after making some cute "yucky" faces, I started to really get into it, and in no time my pumpkin was ready to be carved!


Daddy and Mommy asked me what kind of face I wanted on my pumpkin.  I wanted a happy pumpkin with square eyes.  So they helped draw it on, and then Daddy did the cutting.  I liked it!


Mommy wanted to make a silly pumpkin with teeth like "Mater" from "Cars", and I told Daddy to make a "grumpy" pumpkin with triangle eyes.  When we were done we took them outside and lit them up.  I think they turned out really well!


It was really messy but lots of fun!