Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shawnee, OK

This morning we flew over to Shawnee, OK (a really short flight but it had been a while since either Daddy or I had gone flying, so he wanted to fly anyway) for a local fly-in/aviation day put on by the city.

I wore my "Humu-humu" shirt that we got in Hawaii last year.  It still fits!  (It was pretty big last year.)  But what amazed Daddy was when I saw it, I said that "I have been in Hawaii, and Alex was there, and we danced silly!"  It has been 15 months since we were there, and I was only 22 months old at the time, and yet I remember it.  Mommy and Daddy are pretty amazed at my memory.

On the way there I was counting in Spanish.  I'm getting pretty good at it!  I made it all the way up to nine, and Daddy asked what came next.  I said I didn't know, so he told me "diez" and asked me if I could say "diez".  I responded very adamantly with "I don't know how to say 'diez'!"  He had a good laugh!

We landed and parked the airplane, and immediately on getting out I forgot all about this being about airplanes.  Much more importantly, they had a Moon Bounce set up!  I of course asked if I could go on it, but Daddy said we had to look at some airplanes first.  So after we looked at an airplane, I asked again.  And after the next airplane, I asked again.  After doing this three times Daddy decided to have a little chat with me, reminding me that yes we would go on the Moonbounce, but not if I kept asking, and guess what - I didn't ask again!

They did have some neat airplanes there, a WWII B-26, the FAA's DC-3, and even some helicopters.  There was a helicopter there giving rides, and it turned out the pilot was Daddy's helicopter instructor last year, so we got to say hi up close.  No we didn't go for a ride, but I wanted to! 

I told Daddy I thought the Army helicopter was "boring" looking, and I liked the other helicopters better.  Why?  They were painted in brighter colors!  Of course I had to hop in the NewsChannel 4 helicopter.


After what seemed like forever, Daddy finally asked me if I still wanted to go in the Moonbounce.  Of course!  Here is a silly picture of me trying to get the camera from Daddy.


Right next to the Moonbounce was a fire truck, and I got to drive it a little bit.  Look, my feet even reach the pedals!  I did want to know one thing about the fire truck, though, and Daddy said I needed to ask the fireman who was there.  What was my big question that I needed to know?  "Where does the gas go in?"  Yep, that was it!


Fortunately we left before the real heat of the day, but it was still plenty hot when we got back around 11.  We did some shopping and even got me some new socks, that are shorter than the ones I've been wearing.  I like them a lot!  In fact, Daddy caught me "hiding" under his bed sheets with the open bag of new socks.  When he asked me what I was doing, I said "cuddling with my new socks!"  Daddy thinks I'm silly sometimes!