Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

It was still raining off and on today, so we stayed inside most of the day, but we still had fun.  For dinner we went over to our neighbors Jim and Karel Webb's house, as they were having a little party for some of their friends and neighbors.  I was sure the star of the party and played it up by acting as cute as I know how.  I was dressed in my patriotic best!


After dinner we were planning to go to the park where the Moore city fireworks display is held at, but it was canceled because of the bad weather.  So we walked back home, but then I noticed that people were setting off fireworks all around us!  Fireworks are illegal in Moore, which of course means that everybody has them, so we got a good show.  When our neighbors a couple houses down started setting theirs off, we had a real close-up view!  Daddy thought I'd be scared like with thunder and lightning, but I surprised him by giggling and saying how "beautiful" the fireworks were.  Especially when our neighbors started setting theirs off, my jaw dropped open and stayed that way almost for the rest of the time as I swung my head back and forth to see all the displays.  I thought it was great!

But it was pretty late, and I actually told Daddy "I want to go back inside.  I'm tired."  Well, that's pretty rare, so we went back inside and I managed to fall asleep even with all the loud noises all around us.  I really was tired!