Saturday, May 15, 2010

A parade!

Daddy found out that Del City was having their annual parade today, so we went up there to watch.  I quickly made a new friend who was sitting near us, and she even let me sit in her chair and use her umbrella (though it wasn't raining)!


I quickly found out that parades are a lot of fun, especially for one reason - when Daddy later asked me what my favorite part of the parade was, without hesitation I answered "the candy!"  I thought it was great that everybody in the parade wanted to throw me candy.  Daddy even caught me in mid-air trying to get some!


I like suckers, so this is pretty much how Daddy saw me for the rest of the parade.


When I got these two big ones, I wouldn't put them down, even to grab more candy.  I would still try to pick up more candy, of course, but didn't want to put these two down first.  It made it more difficult, but I managed!


My new friend even offered me some of her cotton candy.  I wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but then I thought it was pretty good.


We got to see all kinds of displays, fire trucks, police cars, military vehicles, motorcycles, horses, a band, and all the little trikes and cars the Shriners ride.  It was a lot of fun.  And did I mention there was candy?

After the parade we did some shopping on and around the base, since we were close by.  Daddy even braved going in to the Commissary, and it was super busy.  I was a pretty good girl the whole time.  On the way home I fell asleep, I'd had such a tiring day (and maybe my sugar rush was over).  Daddy got me out of the car and I curled up next to him on the bed - cozy!