Monday, May 10, 2010

Tornado Warning!

When Daddy picked me up today, he told me we had to hurry up and leave.  There was a big storm coming, so he wanted to get home quick!  And just a few minutes after getting home, as he was in the closet changing clothes, we heard the tornado sirens!  We checked out the weather on TV and saw that there was a center of circulation (not yet a tornado) a few miles straight west of us, headed our way fast, and there was golfball size hail falling outside.  So we got down in the tornado shelter (I said we were hiding from the "monsters") in time to hear the wind really pick up, our trash can blow down the street, and the garage door banging back and forth.  After a few minutes the wind died down and the sirens stopped, so Daddy took a look outside and it was a nice day!  We found out that the system which went over us did create a tornado just a few miles east of us, headed east.

We got out and took a look around.   I noticed all the hail on the ground and immediately started collecting it up and putting it in the birdbath!  I thought this was a lot of fun and got all I could find until there wasn't any more.


It even put a hole in our bird feeder.



After this, it was such a nice afternoon (80 degrees, sunny, and calm) that I rode my tricycle around the block!