Monday, May 31, 2010

A full day at the water park

Except for eating, we spent the whole day today at the hotel's water park.  And I spent a lot of it going down the slides.  I was still too scared to go down by myself, by I liked going down with Daddy and Mommy.


Daddy and I got to play a little basketball too.  I'm going up for the dunk...


... and there it is!


I asked him to do this over and over again until his arms were tired.  He got a good workout!

Near the end of the day, Daddy tried again to get me to go down the water slides by myself.  This time he started by standing in the water at the end of the slide, and putting me just a few feet up the slide, as far as he could reach.  I'd then slide the 2 feet down it into his arms, and he'd immediately plop me back down on the slide.  I giggled each time he did this, it was great fun!  After a while he started pushing me a little farther up the slide, then I started pushing myself back up the slide, then Mommy helped a little, and soon enough, when Daddy asked if I wanted to go all the way up to the top myself, I said "yes"!


Notice the tongue is out as I contemplate going down the slide.  I did, and Daddy caught me, and immediately I wanted to do it again.  And again and again!  The only reason we stopped was for dinner, I was having so much fun.  Daddy was having a great time too, seeing me with a big grin each time down the slide, and a big laugh when he'd catch me. 

I was going up the stairs to the slide so quick that I was climbing them like grown-ups - one foot on each step.  But soon I decided I could skip a step, then two steps!  That was a little much, Mommy told me to stop, but not before she took this picture of my attempt!


I told Daddy I wanted to go on the dinosaur slide all by myself, but when we got out there, I changed my mind.  Maybe tomorrow!  We'll come back again in the morning before we check out of the hotel.