Saturday, May 29, 2010

Full day of play with Mommy and Daddy

For our first full day in Wisconsin, we first went to the Ft McCoy recreation area.  They have a lake and playground and campsites and lots of stuff to do.  I saw the lake (with a sandy beach) and immediately ran toward it, remembering the one in Mississippi.  Mommy and Daddy couldn't hold me back - even though I wasn't dressed for the water, I was focused!  I got both feet in the water and walked around a little bit before we were told the beach wasn't open yet as no lifeguard was on duty.  Oh well!

Daddy saw they had a miniature golf course and thought it might be fun.  It was!  I'd never played golf before, but I quickly learned the basics, like proper form.


And if the ball won't go in the hole, just pick it up and put it in!


When faced with hazards, just throw the ball across!


I was very excited every time Mommy or Daddy hit the ball, and quickly ran to pick it up to give it back to them!  It took us a while to finish the course, but nobody else was there, so it didn't matter.  We were having fun!

We went back to the room and had lunch, then headed on down to Wisconsin Dells, which is famous for having lots of water parks.  Indoor ones, too!  We decided to stay overnight at one of the hotels that has a couple of smaller play areas perfect for me.  Once I saw the water park, it sure seemed to take forever for Mommy and Daddy to get checked in, change clothes, and get ready.  I was ready now!


I ran right in the water, but I was a little afraid of the slides. At the end of one I went underwater, and didn't like that at all. So Daddy and Mommy went down with me from then on. Wheee!


We then went outside to the pool.  They had a big dinosaur slide that I thought looked fun.  Daddy told me he'd catch me at the bottom, and I was just about to go, but got a little scared.    So I went down a few times with Mommy and Daddy.


Daddy and I had a lot of fun splashing one another!  I'd dip my hands in the water, splash him, then quickly get away before he could get me


Just before we were ready to leave, I got brave and went down a slide by myself!  Daddy caught me!  I said it was fun, but when asked if I wanted to do it again, said no.  Maybe tomorrow!


We went to Denny's for dinner and I had pancakes and bacon.  All that play sure made me hungry, and I ate a LOT!

After a tough day of play, what else to do but put coins in Daddy's toes?


I can't wait until tomorrow!