Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I want to do math!"

Daddy's so proud of me! Tonight a little while before bed we were dancing to my music, when I stopped and told him "I want to do math". He was pretty surprised and happy!

You see, on Sunday he started to teach me some math using my hair scrunchies (which I call "ponytails"). He'd give me one "ponytail", ask how many I had, then give me another and ask again.

Well, tonight we did the same thing, but with chunks of Play-doh instead. I sat down next to him and we put little blobs on each other's leg, adding and subtracting and counting up how many we had left the whole time. It was fun and he really grilled me, too! Once, when I had 4 pieces on my leg already, he added one more and asked how many I had now, so I simply answered "a lot!" But I did really well, and am starting to catch on now. Mommy always says I'm Daddy's little engineer!