Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Helping Daddy take apart my crib

Today Daddy came up to me and needed to ask me a serious question. He told me that I was a big girl now, and didn't sleep in my crib anymore. He said that one of Mommy's coworkers was going to have a little baby and that baby would need somewhere to sleep. Would I like to let that baby have my crib? I looked at him very seriously, nodded and said "yes". It was obvious to Daddy that I didn't really want to get let go of my crib, but I knew that someone else could really use it, so I thought that was a good idea. Daddy gave me a big hug and said he was very proud of me, that I'm really growing up and learning to share my things with others who really need them.

Then the fun started! We had to take the crib apart, and as always, Daddy needed his helper.

The first thing I got to do was carry the tools from the garage. Daddy gave me a few since he didn't know exactly what size to use, and followed me into the room. When he got there, look at what I was doing with the tools! Very organized, aren't I?



Daddy showed me how the hex-head wrench fit into the bolts, and held the wrench steady so I could turn it. He had to get a few of them started for me, but after that, I did all the turning by myself!





I was very interested in helping him remove the bolts too, and I put them all in a baggie for safe keeping.



I hope the new baby likes my crib as much as I did!