Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day in OKC

Today, of course, is Memorial Day, so Mommy and Daddy both had the day off. We went into Oklahoma City to a local art festival to walk around and see if there was anything we needed for the house. Well, we didn't buy anything, but we did walk around and get out of the house for a while!


When we were done there, they weren't hungry enough to eat lunch yet, so we decided to go feed some bread to the ducks on the Riverwalk in Bricktown. But first, Daddy wanted me to see the big aquarium in the nearby Bass Pro shop. You know how much I (and he) like aquariums! Of course, it didn't hurt that they have a lot of GPS units that Daddy wanted to look at. So there we went!


I had in my hand a piece of bread from the loaf we were going to feed the ducks. I carried it through most of the store. I even offered it to the fish! But they didn't want any.





It was a pretty neat aquarium!





Since the fish didn't want it, I offered my bread to a local bear. He didn't want it either! But Mommy and Daddy always tell me it's fun to share, so I had to try.





They even had an airplane hanging from the ceiling!





Who would have thought that an outdoors store could keep my attention for so long? But it did!


Well, finally we made our way along the riverwalk to feed the ducks. There weren't as many as last time, but there were still a few that were very appreciative. Here I am about to throw my bread to this duck. It's a good thing they weren't scared of me, because I had to get close (my range still isn't very good).




After the ducks, we drove to lunch. I don't remember much about this, because I fell asleep on the way and then fell back asleep in Daddy's arms right after he got me out of my seat. Sometime later I woke up, still in Daddy's arms, at the table in the restaurant, and the food had already been served. Daddy's pretty comfy! We finished up there and drove home. It was a fun day, and it was nice to spend it with Mommy and Daddy!