Thursday, May 14, 2009

Had problems going to sleep last night

After all the excitement of the tornado warning, I did have problems going back to sleep. Both Mommy and Daddy tried comforting me several times, but I kept getting back up and crying for them to come back. I was plenty tired and wanted to go to sleep, but I just couldn’t. I think it was the flashes of lightning coming through the blinds of my window that were keeping me up, although the storm was far enough away we couldn’t hear the thunder. So at about midnight Daddy just decided to get me up for a while. We had some milk, and then watched the storm through the back windows. It was quite a light show!


After a little bit Daddy laid down on the couch and I laid on his chest, giving him a big hug, my little arms wrapped around his neck. I was nice and cozy, and fell asleep soundly! But after about 15 minutes I woke up, yelled “NO”, and started screaming and shaking! Not my normal “I want something” crying, but a real “something scared me” scream. Daddy was really scared for me, I must have been having a really bad dream. He comforted me and I calmed down pretty quickly. Then I went back to sleep on his chest! After about another 15 minutes he took me back to my bed, where after a few more hugs I laid down and slept the rest of the night. Of course Daddy didn’t get to bed until about 1 AM, but he’s glad I finally calmed down and went to sleep!