Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or treat!

This was my second Halloween, and the first where I could actually walk around to our neighbors' houses. Mommy and Daddy got me all dressed up as a cute pink poodle and we headed on out before the older kids started going around (of course that means everybody above age 2!). We only went to a few of our neighbors' houses but I wanted to show everybody my costume!

Here I am sitting on the front step with Daddy, all ready to go!



As we headed out, I really wanted to take one of the real pumpkins with me. Even the small one was pretty heavy, but I got it most of the way down the walk by myself. You may remember this is the pumpkin I picked out of the pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago!



First stop was to wish Smootchie a Happy Halloween. She's a very friendly cat!



This is me outside our first stop, Bob and Mary's house. You can see the Nestle Crunch bar I got from them. This I think is my favorite candy bar - I got lots! Of course Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me eat them all, but I did have one and really liked it!



When we went to Jim and Carol's house, their friendly dog "Lexi" came out to say hi. Maybe my costume fooled her!



Our other neighbors Patty and Dave always have a very scary house at Halloween, with all the spooky decorations. I was a little scared at first, but when I saw they had a dog too, I ignored all that silly stuff and wanted to say hi! Wendy is a toy poodle, just like I was tonight! Maybe that's why we got along so well. She even has the same color bows in her hair!



Our last stop was at our next-door neighbor Amy's house. Her house had a very spooky witch hanging outside. I kept my distance, but when Daddy came over I grabbed his hand and walked right past the witch, no problem. I knew Daddy would keep me safe!



After we went back home I got to see lots of other kids come to our door. Mommy kept giving out candy to anyone who knocked. What a strange holiday. But I think I'm going to like it!