Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Columbus Day

Mommy and Daddy both had the day off, so Grandpa and Grandma came down to visit.

Guess what I did when Grandma and Grandpa arrived - I ignored Mommy and Daddy completely! I couldn't decide who needed hugs more - so I started with Grandma. I hugged her for a minute, then headed to Grandpa. Then I headed back to Grandma. Then to Grandpa. Then to - well you get the idea. I completely bypassed Mommy and Daddy the whole time. After about 30 minutes of this I decided to let Mommy and Daddy know I still loved them too, so gave them a quick hug and kiss and headed back to Grandma and Grandpa.

We played all sorts of games while they were here. My favorite, though, was singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with first Grandma, then Grandpa, then Daddy! Grandma and Daddy sung it pretty well, but Grandpa's rendition was, well, let's just say that if I grow up to not have any musical abilities, it isn't just Mommy's fault!

Here I am singing with Mommy out back.



We did some reading too, and I was pointing out pictures in one of my books, I gave Mommy a sneak smile while Daddy and Grandpa kept reading.



After dinner we had dessert, and got to have my own scoop of ice cream! Eating it with a spoon seemed to be far too difficult, so I fell back on my old standby method. It was a little cold, but worked pretty well anyway. What do you think?



I had a great with them today, I hope they come over again real soon!