Saturday, October 18, 2008

A day at the pumpkin patch

A few miles away from our house is the "TG Farms" pumpkin patch, so we went to check it out. It was really a cool place! They had lots to do and see and Mommy and Daddy let me walk around for a while and and figure out by myself what I wanted to do! I had fun roaming around on my own, though I know they were right behind me. The first thing we came upon was this tricycle track through the corn field. I couldn't quite reach the pedals (or know how to pedal them), but that didn't stop Daddy from helping me out. We did a lap and I got to steer, with Daddy's help of course.



One of the best things about this place was the petting zoo. I spent a long time going back and forth between the different animals and making sure they all were properly greeted, Piper-style! There were goats:



and calves:



and piglets too!



I got to pet a sheep and a pony too!

Then Daddy pointed me over to a corn maze. I've never been in a corn maze before! But I took off to lead the way. You will be happy to know that we did finally make it through the maze (Daddy may have helped a little.)



They also had several piles of hay bales with slides at the top. This was great! I got to climb up the hay bales over and over and go down the slides. It was scary at first, but with Daddy there to catch me, I went down a few times in a row and loved it. It was fast!



Of course we couldn't leave a pumpkin patch without getting a couple of pumpkins, now could we? I wanted to help pick them out so I rushed over to the first big one I saw. It was a little too heavy for me to pick up, though. So I kept trying to pick them up until I found one that I could (though just barely)!


It was a great place to go, and I could have spent many more hours walking around and exploring. Maybe we can go again next year Mommy and Daddy?