Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Parent-teacher conference

Mommy met with my teacher this morning to discuss how I was doing at day care. She said there are two main things I need to work on.

First, I need to work a little harder on my words - Mommy and Daddy read to me everyday, and I'm making a lots of new sounds, just I haven't quite been able to connect the words with what they mean yet. But I'll keep trying!

Second, I really need to start working on drinking from a cup, without the sippy lid, and finally give up the bottles (I've been wanting one in the morning and at night). You see, starting in January I'll be expected to drink from a regular cup. You know I've been getting lots of practice with this in the bathtub. But I'm not too good at making it to my mouth yet, so it would make a big mess on the floor! If Mommy or Daddy holds the cup for me, though, I can do pretty well. I just don't have the coordination down yet, so when I get hold of that cup, look out below!