Monday, September 12, 2011

Blizzard Beach

Today we went back to one of my favorite water parks, Blizzard Beach.  We were all very excited since I could now go on some more of the slides.  Not the super big fast ones, but just about all the rest.  And I couldn’t wait!

But first, I wanted to show Daddy how many “Pipers” there are in the bathtub in our room.  That’s a lot!

At the water park, I “warmed up” a little on the kids slides at first.
 

But then we were off to ride as many of the other slides as we could.  I had a new life vest so I didn’t need to worry about going under water.  I did really well and was very brave even on some of the scarier slides.  I wanted to go on them again and again, although on some there were a lot of stairs to get to the top!  We got to float in the “lazy river” for a long time too, and Daddy and I played a lot in the wave pool.  I wanted to be Ariel and him to be her daddy, King Triton!
At the end of the day I wanted to do something that even Mommy and Daddy thought might be a little much for me.  There was a “zip line” where you hold onto an overhead bar and slide down a line.  When it gets to the end the bar stops and you go falling into the water.  I did really well holding onto the bar on the way down.  In fact, I did too well!  I held onto the bar even after it stopped, causing me to swing forward, swing back, and the bar even backed up the zip line a little.  And I still held on, dangling a few feet above the water!  I was pretty scared at that point and needed help.  Daddy jumped into the water, swam under me, and I let go to fall into his arms.  Safe!  Of course, when I got out, I said “I want to do that again!” but Mommy and Daddy thought maybe we should try something else for a bit.  We did a few more slides but I scraped my knee on the pool floor exiting one of them.  So we decided to call it a day as it was getting late anyway.  We’re going to go back three more times, so I’ll have lots of chances to do all the slides again!
After dinner we came back to the hotel and I got to play on the same playground as last year.  When we got there, I pointed out that there weren’t any ants by the ladder where they were last year.  Daddy and Mommy don’t know why I remember these things, but I do!  And I always like to scare Mommy!