Monday, January 3, 2011

Boonshoft Museum of Discovery

When we were in Oklahoma, I loved going to the Omniplex (Science Museum Oklahoma).  We found out they have something similar here in Dayton, OH called the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery.  Today Daddy and I went to check it out.  They even have a reciprocal agreement with the Omniplex, so it was free!

It did have a lot of fun things to do.  Some great big twisty slides that I decided to go down headfirst!


They have an inside "zoo" area with lots of different type of animals.  I got to pet a starfish in the tidal pool area, and got to see the staff feed it mussels.  Pretty neat!


I loved watching the meerkats.  They were running all over the place and playing.  Daddy loves how he can see my reflection in the window as I point at the meerkat.


They have a tall tower in the center that has lots of slides, rope ladders, and climbing tubes.  The first time I went up these ropes, I needed Daddy's help.  But after that it was no problem, as I showed him by going up the ropes and down the slides over and over again!


They had a huge Burmese Python, about 18 feet long!  We stayed a while and watched because it was actually molting and shedding its skin.  It was really fascinating to watch, and I asked Daddy a lot of questions about what it was doing, which Daddy could answer most of!  You can see the old skin at the very bottom of the picture.


We were there for a few hours, and I had a great time.  I think we'll be going back again soon!