Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fudge and sledding!

It was really snowing a lot today and the forecast was for it to be icy on the roads as well, so Mommy got to come home early from work.  And what did Mommy and I do?  Make fudge of course!  I was a big help and that meant I got to lick the beater (and make a big mess all over my face).  Yum!


Then it was time to go sledding!  Daddy and I had gone before, but Mommy hadn't yet.  And we took the camera so we could get some pictures.  I got ready and we set out.  The hill is really close to our house so we walk!  I did a great job of pulling my own sled.


We had a great time going down the hill.  One of the first times down, Mommy was nice and pulled my sled up the hill for me.  But right as we started, I said to her, "Mommy, I want to try THAT!" and pointed over to another kid who was sitting on his sled while his daddy pulled him up the hill.  I thought that looked like a lot of fun.  Mommy didn't think so, though!


Whee!


Daddy got to down a lot too.  His sled may be over 30 years old, but it was the fastest and went the farthest of anyone out there!


Daddy made me pull my own sled up every single time.  Sometimes I tried to be tricky and hopped on hi sled when he wasn't looking, but somehow he always knew!  But I did great climbing the hill by myself and it sure was good exercise.


We stayed out a lot longer after Mommy walked back home.  It was pretty cold but we were having fun.  When we got home, Mommy and I had a nice cup of hot chocolate!