Saturday, January 8, 2011

Swimming lessons!

Today I had my first formal swimming class, and I liked it!  I am in the "Pike" class at the YMCA and was with other kids my age.  Our teacher first tried to learn how comfortable we were in the water by asking us to blow bubbles.  I had no problem with that!


I did a little bit of swimming with the teacher holding on to me.  I look scared, but I really wasn't, I think I just didn't know what I supposed to do!


The next exercise was floating on our backs.  I did pretty well at this with the teacher's help.


We got to put on a floatie and try to swim on our own.  I didn't do this too well and so the teacher came over and helped me out.  Now that the teacher knows what I can and can't do, next week should be even better!


I sure did have a fun time on the side of the pool while the other kids tried to swim!


I can't wait to go next time and am sure I'll learn fast.  I like swimming!