Thursday, January 20, 2011

Being at home with Daddy

Daddy is still working on getting hired into another government job since we moved, and so we've been able to spend a lot of time together, which we both think is pretty great.  We've developed quite a routine.  Sometimes I wake up before Mommy leaves, but usually not.  He'll already be awake, of course, and so we'll have breakfast together (usually a second breakfast for him since he ate with Mommy).  Then he'll go exercise while I usually play my Fisher-Price sports video game and get some of my own "exercise" as I call it.  Once he's done we'll play some, and then he'll usually do some work around the house before lunch, when we sometimes meet Mommy and run some errands.  When we get back he tried to play with me as much as he can while getting in some housework too.  I have been a really good girl and usually play quietly by myself when he needs to get work done.

Needless to say, we've played lot of Chutes and Ladders and Candyland!

I also have this "game" I really like to play.  It's called "I've got a present for you!"  I'll hold something behind my back, and add that "You can even open it BEFORE Christmas!"  When I say this part my eyes light up and I get excited.  Then I'll show him what it is!  It could be anything around the house that I happen to think he might want, but regardless of what it is, I still get really excited to play this game!

Sometimes he thinks I'm a little silly.  But we're having fun!