Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Started a new "school" today!

I had been on the waiting list for the Child Development Center on the base, and they called last week saying they had an opening, which we had to take within a week or it would offerred to the next family on the list.  Well, Daddy still hasn't found a job but they decided to take the slot and I started going today.  Daddy was notified unofficially that he was selected for a position on the base and we expect the official offer to come anytime now, so it seemed a good idea to take the opening at the CDC and not go back on the waiting list.  Also, this will give him more time during the day to search for other jobs in case this job at the base doesn't work out for some reason.

I was very excited to go today!  I practically bounced down the hall to the room and got to meet all my new classmates.  Before he left, I told Daddy that when he picked me up later in the day, he would be SO happy to see me.  And when he did pick me up, he sure was!

The letter of the day was "Y" and I even learned a silly song - "If you think yams are yummy, say a yes - YES!"  I had a great time.