Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To the vet with Little Girl

As I already mentioned, Mommy has been spending the whole week with me. It’s been great getting all this “Mommy and Me” time. With all the extra time Mommy has been spending at home, she noticed that Little Girl wasn’t eating much and was moving much more slowly than usual. So Mommy and I went to the veterinarian’s office to have Little Girl checked out.

I had a great time at the office. There was a kitty there named Simone who climbed right on my lap and let me pet her a lot. I even got to pet several doggies, but not all of them. For some reason, every dog seemed to be really nervous to be there. I had the most fun “helping” the receptionist while Mommy was in the exam room with Little Girl. I drew several pictures for her, among many important tasks she gave me like tearing people's credit card receipts off the printer.  That was really fun!

Mommy even called Daddy and he came to see us at the vet's office. Apparently, Little Girl was extremely sick. Mommy explained that Little Girl wouldn’t be coming home with us. The “kitty doctor” was going to help Little Girl feel better, but she wouldn’t be able to come home with us.  I didn't understand what exactly that meant, but I could tell that Mommy was very sad so I tried my best to comfort her and gave her lots of big hugs.

We went home and had lunch, and Daddy and I had a very silly time.  I had called to him from the table when he was in the kitchen, and he called me back with his hands cupped around his mouth.  I thought this was pretty funny, and tried to do it myself!  I couldn't quite get the "cupped hands" right, but Daddy tried to help me out.  Then we ended up just yelling to one another for at least 5 minutes.  It was great fun, and we were both giggling a lot!