Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Auntie" Charlie is here!

Today Mommy and I went to the airport to pick up "Auntie" Charlie.  She just got back from Afghanistan and we watched her cats while she was gone.  Her mom drove out here from New Mexico and they'll drive back to Maryland together with Pitch.  Auntie Charlie is one of Mommy's best friends, but we haven't actually met, so I was excited to finally get the chance.

Of course you know how I love airports, so we didn't just pick her up at the curb.  No, there is too much fun to be had inside like going up and down escalators and seeing the big jets!


We got home and had a good time with Auntie Charlie and her mom, Miss Sharon.  I always like meeting new people, and this was no different.  Poor Daddy, when he came home from work, he found he was outnumbered 4 girls to 1! 

I was really excited when Auntie Charlie said she brought me some gifts from Afghanistan.  These were little tiny "Piper-sized" jewelry boxes.  I started to think about what I might be able to put in them.  M & M's maybe?


She also got us some really nice cashmere scarves.  Daddy thinks this is pretty cool, since Afghanistan borders the Kashmir region of Pakistan and India, that's pretty authentic!  And since it's also a great Led Zeppelin song, even better!  (I have no idea what Daddy is talking about, but he's having fun anyway...) 


At dinner, I had everybody else rolling with laughter.  I'm pretty sneaky sometimes!  I had eaten a lot for dinner, and so I got to have a treat.  I wanted a mini Kit Kat bar.  Daddy, of course, felt he deserved a treat too, and opened up a mini Hershey's bar.  Of course I needed help opening mine, so I asked him for help.  He set his down and started working on mine.  How surprised was he when he went to hand mine back and realized I had snuck in and grabbed his when he wasn't looking!!  I'm pretty sneaky!  They really had a good laugh at me, but I got an extra bite of treat!

Auntie Charlie and Miss Sharon are going to stay with us until Saturday, when they'll head on home, so I'm sure we'll have lots of fun together.