Friday, February 26, 2010

Mommy's going to Mister-sippi

Daddy and Mommy sat me down for a very serious conversation this evening.  They told me that on Tuesday, Mommy will be going away for a while for the Air Force.  Like she's done in the past, but for much longer - 6 months.  She'll first be going to Mississippi.  They said that Daddy is really going to need me to be a big girl and help out a lot around the house.  The good thing is that since she'll be in the U.S., we'll be able to see her!

Daddy showed me where Mississippi is on the map, and I noticed it's right next to Louisiana, which I already knew how to pronounce.  I'm still working on Mississippi, though - it comes out as "Mister-sippi"!  Daddy tried to correct me once, saying it's pronounced "Misses - sippi", but I quickly corrected him!

This is why Mommy's been spending so much time with me lately.  It has been really nice!  I know we'll miss her, and can't wait to go see her.