Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mommy's birthday!

Daddy and I let Mommy sleep in late today, since it's her birthday!  Then when she woke up we got to sing to her, too. 

Grandma and Papa Roslewski had sent a package to Mommy, with Grandma instructing me that I was NOT to let Mommy open her presents until her birthday.  I was really good about that, and reminded Mommy often!  When she did open it, in addition to her presents, there were some Christmas decorations that Daddy had made when he was a kid.  I decided to hang them right up on the tree!



That afternoon, we had lots of friends over, and that meant lots of kids!  Zoe and Mia, Alex and Tori were there, and Shobhana came later.  We got to play a lot and even decorated some cookies!


When it came time for the dessert, I was very excited.  Instead of the "big chocolate cake" that we usually get for Mommy's birthday, she saw a sale at Cold Stone and we had ice cream pies!  We put one candle in each one and I helped her blow them out.   


We sure had a great day and too soon, it was time for everybody to leave.  Earlier, I had helped Daddy put out luminaires so our guests could see where to walk.  I think they looked super pretty!