Thursday, June 11, 2009

I am 2!

Today I finally turned two years old! I'm getting to be such a big girl, although Daddy tells me I'll always be his little girl. It's been quite a year, hasn't it? I couldn't even really walk last year this time. Now I'm running all around, talking up a storm, coming up with new words every day and learning all kinds of new stuff!

Well, this morning I slept in all the way until 4:30 AM, Phoenix time! It's that 2 hour jet lag that got me. Of course, this meant Mommy and Daddy were up at 4:30 also. (I even woke Aunt Nicole up, who's usually a very sound sleeper.) Sorry, everyone! But that just gave us a lot of time to get ready for my party tonight.

Mommy wanted to make an apple dessert for tonight (in addition to the cake of course), so I got to go out and help Uncle Stan pick apples right from the trees in their yard. This was fun!



Uncle Stan and Aunt Nicole have a pool in their backyard, which apparently is normal for Phoenix. You remember I learned to love playing at the beach, but I'd never been in a pool before. So this was new to me, too. Their pool has a long first step along one side, and I spent a lot of time walking up and down that step, getting used to the water. Here Aunt Nicole's trying to get me to splash my feet in the water. That was fun!



A rare photo of the three of us! Daddy had jumped in and I got very concerned until he came back over to me.



Here I am in my party dress. While waiting for our guests to arrive, I found this little beach ball that I decided was perfectly Piper-sized and held on to it for a long time (except when I'd throw it into the water and immediately ask Daddy to get it for me).



Mommy had bought little bottles of bubble water for the party tonight, but I got to play with them first, all by myself. Look how well I'm doing!



Next up - my birthday party!