Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bartlesville Biplane Expo!

Today Daddy and I headed up to pick up Grandma and Grandpa so we could all go to the Bartlesville Biplane Expo. This is the last year they’re going to do it, so we had to make it. There were supposed to be over 100 biplanes, both antique and most recent, there along with lots of other neat airplanes. And knowing how much I love airplanes, we couldn’t miss it!

When we got there, there were rows and rows of biplanes. I couldn't help but point them out!



When the planes would roar down the runway, I'd giggle at each one as it flew by!

Look at this neat one. It was actually used in passenger service back in the 20's and 30's. The pilot sat up top in the open cockpit, while the passengers sat in the inside compartment. Luxury in its day! (Daddy mumbled something about these being all the rage when Grandpa was young, but I don't think he heard him!)



Daddy let me touch the propeller of this one! Yes, you may notice it's not a biplane, but it was still pretty nice!



Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa all thought this one, a one-seat kitbuilt aircraft, was pretty tiny. But what do they know? It's Piper-sized!



I was able to take a look in the cockpit of this one. If I could just reach a little further...




It was a great day and I'm glad we went. I was getting REALLY tired toward the end, though, what with the warm sun and all the walking around. I fell asleep right away on the way back!