Tuesday, June 9, 2009

2-year old checkup

On Monday was my two-year old checkup at the doctor's office. I'm not quite two yet, but almost! My measurements were:


Height: 36" , 95th percentile (we think that was a bad measurement, Mommy and Daddy later measured me at around 35" or a little more, making it the 85th percentile)

Weight: 29lbs 5 oz, about the 80th percentile

Head: don't remember the measurement, but it was the 50th percentile

I was even a real brave girl and didn't cry when I was given my shots! Mommy was very proud of me. But then the nurse put a band-aid over where I got the shot, and about 30 seconds later I started getting really concerned! I guess I realized that if I had a band-aid, I must have a boo-boo. So I kept telling Mommy about the "boo-boo" and pointing to it with a worried look on my face.

So we get done at the doctor, head out to the car, and it won't start! Not even a click from the battery. Uh-oh! Mommy quickly got on the phone to our ace mechanic, also known as Daddy. He drove down to meet us and see what he could do. We waited at the Braum's restaurant across the street and had lunch. When Daddy showed up, I was pretty excited to see him and gave him a big smile and hug! He went ahead and had lunch and then got to work on the car. Turns out it was just a loose and corroded cable, which he fixed in just a couple of minutes and we were on our way!

What a day!