Saturday, June 21, 2008

Picnic at Tinker AFB

This afternoon we went up to Tinker AFB where Mommy works for a picnic. It was a going-away party for two of the people in the Command Post there, so we all headed up. I don't know much about these military functions, but I do know that this meant I got to play outside! So I was excited to go.

But the first exciting thing was that we took the truck up. It was a long time since I'd been in the truck, but we took the grill and some coolers up, so we needed it. Well, Daddy hadn't put the car seat back in the truck since we used it to go flying several weeks ago, and when he reinstalled it, he put it in front-facing! Finally, after over a year of staring at the back seat, looking out the back window, and seeing where we've been (not where we're going), I got to watch ahead of us like Mommy and Daddy do! Just look at how excited I am.



We got there early so we could set up, but once that was done, we saw a play area close by so Daddy and I walked over there. Well, he carried me anyway.



But then we headed back and people started showing up. Adults sure do talk about some boring things! I had enough of that, so I grabbed the stroller and started walking. I got a long ways out all by myself!



I came back in time for eating, though, which Mommy helped me with. I made quite a mess on Mommy, me, and the sheet we were sitting on!



There was some more adult discussion, but I didn't pay much attention. I was more interested in crawling towards the grill and other places I shouldn't be. When we finally got home I sure was tired! What a day!