Thursday, June 26, 2008

More Walking!

Now that I'm in the "pre-toddlers" class at the Child Development Center, I've been working a lot more on my walking skills. You see, I'm the youngest one in the class, and I'm also the only one who isn't walking yet. I want to be like all the older kids, so I figured it was time to work on this important skill even if I fall down every four or five steps. Tonight for our family entertainment, I practiced taking steps first to Mommy and then to Daddy. This went really well for a while with me taking a few steps at a time. However, I soon got tired, stumbled and fell into a door frame where I hit my cheek pretty hard. It hurt, and I cried a lot! But Daddy said he thought Mommy cried harder than I did. I don't know why she was crying, I'm the one who got hurt. Daddy held me and comforted me, and I decided that was enough entertainment and called a halt to the walking practice. Fortunately it didn't leave a bruise.

I'll keep working on it!