Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I am ONE year old! It's been quite a year. Mommy and Daddy think that it sure has gone by quickly. They remember when I was just a little tiny thing lying there not able to babble or crawl or even roll over by myself. Now look at me go - I'm a really good crawler and am almost walking (still haven't taken another few steps in a row since last week, but I'm working on it).

For my birthday, Grandma Stoller came in town all the way from Phoenix! She just arrived today and we've been having a great time. She last saw me when I was under a month old, so I sure have changed a lot!

I was soon to learn about this aspect of birthdays called "presents". I like getting presents! But first, I was worn out from the day so I took a little nap in Daddy's arms.



My how I've grown in the last year! Compare me to this other picture taken when I was two days old. But Daddy is still just as comfy!



Once I got my nap in, it was time for the presents! This was very exciting. There were all kinds of pretty wrapped presents on the coffee table, and Mommy or Daddy would hand me one at a time. What fun! Here I am reading a card from Grandma. She got me some really cute new outfits too!



Mommy got me a Xylophone! What fun this is going to be to make beautiful music on. Mommy remembers the one she had as a little girl and what fun she had, so she hopes I will too!



Daddy got me some of his favorite toys growing up, Legos! Actually these are the ones for kids my age, Duplo, but he thinks I will have lots of fun with these. He sure did! And I have already enjoyed taking them all out of the bin they came in.



Then I got to talk on the phone to Grandma and Grandpa Roslewski. They sang "Happy Birthday" to me after which I accidentally hung up on them. Sorry! They wished they could be here, but with Grandpa still recovering from his heart surgery, it just wasn't possible. It's okay, Grandpa, I know I'll see you soon!



I thought the day couldn't possibly get any better, but then, amazingly, it did! We got to have cake (cupcakes) and ice cream! Everybody said that I would probably stick my face right in the cake, but I surprised them all by daintily picking at the icing instead. It was yummy! Do you see that pin on my dress? That was my Daddy's from when he turned 1. That pin must be ANCIENT!



Well, eventually I got less dainty about my eating, and sure enough, the icing and cupcake ended up all over my face, in my hair, on my arms and dress, everywhere. It wasn't supposed to be bathnight, but guess who got a bath anyway?



Mommy also let me try some of her ice cream. It was really yummy - I certainly have the Stoller ice cream gene in me! I couldn't get enough.



It was a really great day. I can't wait to do it again next year!