Monday, July 16, 2012

Driving to see Grandma and Papa Roslewski!

Daddy had a training course to go to out in Oklahoma City, and I went with him as far as Owasso, OK!  He dropped me off with Grandma and Papa Roslewski and I'm going to get to spend the whole week with them all by myself!  It'll be the first time I've done that in almost 2 years when we still lived in Oklahoma, so I'm very excited and so are they!

Mommy is still in Phoenix but is going to join up with Daddy in Ok City on Monday and then I'll see her when they drive back up to Owasso on Friday!

We had planned to fly out there, but the weather didn't look too good so unfortunately we had to drive.  Which meant a long drive, and we got started Saturday afternoon.  We got rained on a lot between Ohio and Illinois!  But we did see a pretty rainbow in Indiana.


We stayed overnight at a hotel, and that meant I got a super big bed all to myself!  And Teddy, of course, and Trumpet and Flo.  It had been a super long day, but I still told Daddy I was going to stay up later than him, because I wasn't tired at all!  He quietly laughed to himself when I fell asleep within a few minutes of laying down.  Guess I was tired after all!


We got up in the morning on Sunday and had breakfast, then got back on the road.  I couldn't wait to get to Grandma and Papa's house!  I was a great girl in the car and mostly either watched movies (some more than once), or talked with Daddy.  It was a long drive, but we tried to have a fun time anyway.

When we finally arrived, I was so excited to see Grandma and Papa that I almost couldn't wait to get out of the car!


After giving Grandma and Papa lots of big hugs, almost right away I told Papa that I had brought a special book for him to read to me - Fox in Sox!  Daddy told me that Papa "loved" reading Dr. Suess books to him, so he was sure Papa would love reading to me too.  It's a tough book, and Papa's tongue sure got crazy!


I was happy to see Shadow too.  She's getting pretty old, but is still a super friendly dog. 


Last night, Grandma and I found a wounded bird on their back porch.  We were able to pick it up, and made a little shoebox bed for it with some birdseed and water.  This morning, he had become stronger and had flown away!


Daddy left to drive down to Ok City for his class this morning, so now it's just Grandma, Papa and me all week.  Fun!