Monday, July 25, 2011

The tooth fairy came!

I haven't been real big on the idea of leaving my tooth under the pillow for the tooth fairy.  I had a lot of questions!  Why does the tooth fairy want my tooth?  What does she do with it?  What does she look like?  Daddy, will you help me figure out where the tooth fairy comes in?  Lots of questions!  But after a few days now, I finally decided to put it under my pillow last night and see what happens.

About an hour after bedtime, I came out of my room and found Daddy.  "Daddy, the tooth fairy didn't come yet!" He told me that she doesn't come until you're asleep.  This was a problem for me, because, "But I want to see what she looks like!"

Eventually, of course, I did fall asleep.  This morning when Daddy woke me up, I told him that the tooth fairy didn't take my tooth.  He asked me if I'd checked under my pillow yet this morning.  So I did, and she DID come!  And left a shiny golden dollar coin.  He told me that it's worth four quarters, which I immediately knew meant four servings of goat feed at Young's Dairy!  Maybe this tooth fairy thing isn't so bad after all, but I still ask Daddy what she looks like.