Saturday, July 30, 2011

Flight to Columbus

Today since Mommy is still out of town, Daddy asked me if I wanted to fly somewhere with him.  I said yes!  I love to fly with him any chance I get (and I keep reminding him that when I'm bigger I'll get to sit up front).

We flew up to Bolton Field near Columbus, where Daddy knew they have a restaurant on the field and a small, free miniature golf course.  I had "chicken dinosaurs" for lunch!  They were just normal chicken nuggets but cut in the shape of dinosaurs.  I thought this was pretty funny, especially when I showed Daddy how I ate the dinosaur's head and tail!

We then went outside to play a round of mini golf.  It was nine holes and very run down, but I still had a great time.  And we were the only ones there.  Fore!


Daddy started a running deal with me last time we flew, that if I see another airplane in flight before he does, I get a quarter!  Well, today I saw two!  As we were flying, Daddy asked if I wanted the money right then.  Of course I said yes, and he paid up.  You should have seen the big smile on my face!

When we got back we headed up to the Air Force Base where they were having a two-week long international competition for remote control scale model jet aircraft.  There were some neat planes, there, and they were all small!  We watched some of them flying around, and as you look up into the sky you'd lose the sense of scale, and they could easily have been the real thing.  Since they had real (although tiny) jet engines, they even sounded like the real thing!  I even got to fly a remote control aircraft flight simulator.  My landings need some practice.

On the way back home Daddy asked if I'd like to stop at Ritter's Frozen Custard.  Of course!  But when we pulled into the parking lot, Daddy looked back and I was fast asleep.  It had been a tiring day.  He sat there and let me sleep for a short nap.  He has never seen me wake up so fast as I did when he told me where we were!  After my "Kid's Crunch" sundae we headed home.

But Daddy wasn't done wearing me out quite yet.  We have an in-ground sprinkler system here that we've never used (since it has rained a lot the time we've been here), so he decided to put it on "automatic" and see what happened.  I had a great time finding each "zone" as the sprinklers popped up, and running over and getting all wet.  Daddy got pretty wet too!

I had no problem falling asleep, even knowing that Mommy was coming home late tonight!