Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our trip to Ohio

The last three days we spent driving to Ohio.  It's only a 12 or so hour drive, but since the Air Force gave us 3 days to do it (and since we're towing the car behind the truck), we took it easy.  And that meant we could stop along the way!

In Missouri, we stopped at the welcome center, which also had a playground.  So I got to run around a little and stretch.  It was getting cold, though, a theme that would follow us for the rest of the trip.  We did get a picture near their sign.


We had an idea to get a picture on entering every state, but as the temperatures got down to around 30 degrees and stayed there for the rest of the trip, and it was windy too, we didn't want to stay outside for very long!

We did, however, stop at the arch in St. Louis!  I started calling it "Arch" as if it was a name - "Mommy, is that Arch over there?"  Mommy and I did a good job holding it up.


In the welcome center, they had some phones to hear information about the arch.  I needed two of them!


We got in the tiny elevator cars and rode to the top.  Daddy and I loved it!  Mommy wasn't so crazy about looking out the windows but was a good sport.  This is the courthouse in downtown St. Louis, famous for many civil rights cases.


And another group picture, 630 feet above the ground!


When we reached Indiana, it started snowing lightly on us.  This would continue all the way to Ohio, and in fact it was snowing heavier the farther we went.  So our first welcome to Ohio was in the snow!

I was a really good girl the whole way.  We got to play a lot of "I Spy", which I thought was fun.  I colored a lot, we sang some, and I only watched a couple of movies.  I even took a few naps.

And now we're in Ohio!