Friday, December 31, 2010

Air Force Museum

Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH is home to the Air Force Museum, which is a huge collection of aircraft and aviation artifacts from the Wright brothers to the present.  And it's just 15 minutes away!  So today we all headed over there and had a great time.  I know Daddy and I will be back a lot!

Daddy even let me ride of his shoulders some to get a better look. 


Of course this means I had to scare Mommy!  But I've also learned how to get back up all by myself.


This airplane had Dumbo painted on the nose!


What a big tire!


I was pretty excited when I saw I could be an astronaut again!


And then I tried out the spacewalk simulator.  I was very focused.


Then Daddy and I got to fly it together!


We went out to lunch, and then when we got home noticed it was over 50 degrees!  Since it has been 30's or below since we got to Ohio, this really felt warm, and all the snow melted too.  So Daddy and I decided to go ride our bikes!  We rode around the block and found out it's more hilly than in Oklahoma.  So we got some fast downhill sections and some slow uphill sections.  But it was fun and nice to get outside and ride again.