Friday, December 31, 2010

Helping Daddy with a project!

When we moved into our new house, we bought a new washer and dryer, and they are both the front-load type.  Neither Mommy not Daddy could see themselves spending the $200 a piece on stands for them, so Daddy decided he'd make some!  After finding some plans, he got to work and came back from Lowe's on Tuesday with a big pile of wood.  I was going to help him assemble them!  I knew this meant I'd need my tool box, so I went and got it before we started.  He was sure to need me to measure something with my tape measure!


I got to help him use a drill and even a hammer a few times.  And when they were all assembled, he let me do a little of the painting too.  I was a big help!


They actually turned out pretty nice, and we put the washer and dryer up on them this evening.  After one test run of laundry, no problems yet!