Saturday, August 29, 2009

Grandma Roslewski flies in a helicopter!

Daddy has been promising Grandma Roslewski for a long time that he would take her flying in a helicopter someday. He just had to get his license first! Well he finished that up last month, so last night Grandma and Grandpa Roslewski came down to visit. They were very excited to see me, it had been about two months since their last visit and I've sure grown up a bunch! I am talking up a storm now and had a great time with them.

Of course, like I said, Daddy "owed" Grandma a helicopter ride. So this morning we headed up to the airport to watch! Daddy checked the helicopter out pretty thoroughly, and then saw that I really wanted to crawl inside! He set me right up on his lap.



When Grandma got in, I wanted to sit on her lap too! Well, you can see by the way that I'm waving that I'm all ready to go flying.



But of course they wouldn't let me go! So Mommy, Grandpa and I had to watch from a distance as they took off.



Daddy took Grandma over the city and over our house, and in just a little bit, they were back! After the engine stopped, Mommy let me run on out to meet them. Grandma said she had a really great time!



Now, somehow Grandpa worked his way into Daddy's deal with Grandma and got a flight of his own. Daddy thought he should certainly be polite and offer, and of course Grandpa didn't turn it down. While we were waiting for them to return, Grandma and I were having our own fun. Grandma's being silly wearing my sunglasses!



After all the excitement of flying, we went to eat at the restaurant right there on the airport! We could see planes landing as we ate, and they had some fun airplane toys for me to play with.

But the day wasn't over yet! When we got home, Grandma, Daddy, Shadow and I all went to the park down the street. I got to show Grandma what a big girl I am and climbed all over the playground equipment.

That night after they left, I finally started calling Grandma by name - I'm trying to say Granny, but I can't get the "Gr" sound quite right, so it sure comes out sounding like "Banny". But it's a start, and Grandma's happy I'm saying her name.

What a day! Thanks for coming over, "Pa-pa" and "Banny"!