Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daddy got new binoculars

Daddy got a new pair of binoculars that he's going to use for looking at stars and planets and other astronomical purposes. Well, when I saw the new ones I knew it must mean that their old small pair must now be for me! So I picked them up and tried to look through them just like Daddy.


I don't really know what they're for yet, but Daddy sure seems to like them. He's found out that a simple pair of binoculars is in many ways better than a telescope for looking at space. The last few days he's been watching Jupiter and its 4 largest moons. In fact, he was able to take a picture with the camera and a zoom lens and see all four moons!


Jupiter is the bright spot in the center. The four moons are in a line from lower left to upper right, but two of the moons overlap from our view just to the left of Jupiter, so it only looks like 3. Daddy thinks this stuff is really neat! I'm sure he'll tell me all about it when I'm a little older.