Sunday, July 5, 2009

Helping Daddy with wiring, and FIREWORKS!

Daddy has been doing some wiring in the living room to finally connect up our surround sound system. As usual, I decided to help! He let me hold some of his tools, but I wanted to give him some advice too!



Later that evening, after going to bed, I woke up to some loud noises coming from outside. Last night was the 4th of July, of course, but it was cloudy and raining so we didn't have any fireworks. Our town had postponed their fireworks show until tonight, and apparently many neighbors had too! Daddy came and comforted me, but then realized with all the noise, there was no chance of me falling back asleep anytime soon. So why not go out and watch all the excitement?

We went out back to watch a group of neighbors who were setting off some fireworks in the field next to our house. We were close, and some of them were pretty loud! But I really started enjoying myself after the first few. I'd hear the loud BOOM, hug Daddy really tightly, but then look at the show and start giggling. I'd do this over and over again! This went on for quite a while, until after 10:00, so we went back inside about then and I was able to fall asleep. Next year I can't wait to stay up to see the big show!