Friday, July 17, 2009

Big storm last night!

Last night I woke up about midnight to a lot of thunder and lightning. Of course I let Daddy and Mommy know I was awake and a little scared! Daddy came in and got me. Then, realizing I wasn't about to be able to go right back to sleep, he decided we should go outside on the back porch and watch the storm. So we sat on the porch swing and I cuddled in his arms. It was a good storm! The lightning was almost continuous, and very close. I was acting just like I did with the fireworks a couple of weeks ago, hugging Daddy when I'd hear thunder, but then start giggling and wanting to see the lightning. I started saying "big one!" when there would be a really bright flash of lightning.

Daddy figured I'd be less scared if we started cheering and clapping when we saw a "big one", and it worked! After a few times clapping at some really "big ones" I got down off his lap and sat next to him to watch the rest of the storm. It went on for another 15 minutes or so, and then it had moved far enough away so we went inside. I had some milk, Daddy put me back in bed and I fell right back asleep. What a show!