Sunday, January 11, 2009

Flying with Daddy today!

Today was an absolutely wonderful day. Daddy's friend Steve had called and asked if he wanted to meet up with him and "several" friends who were flying in to McAlester to have lunch. Well, Daddy convinced Mommy that I'm old enough to go flying with Daddy on my own, and maybe she would enjoy some time to herself? Apparently Daddy's pretty smooth, because Mommy agreed! So it was a day of "Daddy-Daughter" fun!


On the way to the airport we got to see a helicopter land. Daddy pulled over to the side of the road so I could watch it. And I sure did, pointing at it the whole time too! It was pretty neat. Am I daddy's girl or what?


We got to the hangar and I helped Daddy preflight the plane. You can see here I'm checking the security of the propeller.





I caught Daddy taking pictures, so I had to come over and make a silly face for the camera.






Daddy put my car seat in the airplane, but once he started to put me in, I quickly scrambled and got in the seat I really wanted to sit in - the pilot's seat, of course!






I really didn't want to get out, and boy did I fuss when Daddy put me in the car seat. One of the these days I'll be up front!

During the whole taxi to the runway I was waving and pointing at the other airplanes. And on takeoff I stared out the window at the ground falling away. It was so fun!






I was a really good girl for the flight there, just playing and kicking the seat in front of me of course. After about 30 minutes I got tired so I pulled the blanket over my legs and took a nap for the remaining 15 minutes. I was pretty out of it! I slept right through the descent and landing, the taxi, parking, and even Daddy getting out! See me here? I am still quite asleep, and judging by Daddy's friends standing outside, we must be on the ground already.





A lot of people ended up coming. Word of mouth travels fast! "Several people" became a total of 19! As they arrived, I was very excited by all the airplanes pulling up, and waved and shouted at all of them.

We went to a nearby restaurant, and I was such a little angel. I was nice to everyone, was quiet and ate some spaghetti (getting it all over me of course), and made some silly faces at the others. I did eventually get tired of sitting still while they talked, so Daddy took me out of the high chair so I could get some wiggles out before the trip back. Well "get some wiggles out" I did, taking off down the hallway and making Daddy chase after me, giggling the whole way. Fortunately, this restaurant was set up a little differently, where every group was in a private room, so I didn't bother anyone in my hallway exploration. But I sure had fun running away from Daddy! He always seems to catch me, though... And then I giggle some more and run away again!


All this excitement wore me out pretty well, so on the flight back I fell asleep after just 10 minutes and slept the whole way back. This time I did wake up in time to watch Daddy's landing.



I was such a good girl for Daddy and he was really proud of me. He says it was just an absolutely perfect "daddy-daughter" day and he hopes we can do it again very soon. Mommy got to take a nice long bath and have a nice quiet house all to herself, so I think we will be doing this again!