Saturday, January 17, 2009

Home and Garden Expo

Today we went to the Ok City Home and Garden Expo at the state fair park. I didn't think this was going to be all that exciting, but boy was I wrong!

The first building we went into was filled with the "outdoor landscaping" exhibits. This meant they had lots of wood decks, gravel pathways, and best of all, ponds and waterfalls! I headed right for them and had a lot of fun watching the waterfalls and trying to dip my hands in the water. I may have splashed some on myself by accident!

There was also a vendor of playground equipment there, and they had a great setup of some slides and other fun stuff. I got to go down the slide a lot!

The Humane Society was there with some very friendly doggies and kitties. I got to pet them and I was very gentle. I even got some good doggie licks on my hand! Daddy was having a great time watching Mommy and me having a great time.

One of the cutest things, though, was when we saw the kids' furniture vendor. They had a great type of bunk bed with a little desk and work area attached. I was very good and didn't crawl onto the bottom bed until Mommy gave me the okay. But once I did, I loved it! I was having such a great time I didn't want to get off and Daddy had to be a big meanie and pick me up.

Of course, throughout the day I was either being carried by Daddy, walking around myself, or riding in the stroller. In the stroller I'd usually be nibbling on something like cheerios or crackers. Mommy noticed I was leaving quite the trail behind me and started calling me "Gretel"!

Everything was great for the first couple of hours, but then I'll admit I started getting a little tired and cranky. Maybe it was all the people, I just don't know, but I wanted to be outside and kept making my way to the doors. Of course, Daddy would follow me, pick me up and bring me back inside. Eventually I fell asleep quite soundly in my stroller!

Mommy and Daddy didn't know they should have brought their camera today. Who would have thought there'd be so much to take pictures of?