Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Thank you" and opening doors

Just this morning I learned how to say "Thank you"! I'm getting really good at copying Mommy or Daddy when they say "Can Piper say...?" After a few weeks of trying, I finally came out with something resembling "Thank you". I've been saying "Please" ("PEAS") for some time, but now I can be even more polite!

Also this morning, I learned how to open doors with doorknobs. Since I'm pretty tall for my age, up until now I've been able to just barely reach the doorknobs, but finally I've got a good grip on them. I was in the closet with Daddy and of course had pushed the door closed because that's what I like to do. Then I reached up, grabbed the doorknob, gave it a little twist and pull, and open the door came! I thought this was pretty great and did it many more times. Then Daddy had to go ahead and confuse me by showing me that to get it open from the other side, you had to PUSH! I got the hang of this pretty quickly too, and spent the next 10 minutes going in and out the door of the closet. It was fun!