Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yet more new words!

I am certainly building up quite a vocabulary! This week I learned a few more words.

As you may know, I love to pick up the lava rocks out of the landscaping and hand them to Mommy or Daddy. Mommy was playing outside with me this morning, and so I went over, grabbed two handfuls, came back to Mommy and proudly said "rock"! And because I like to give her the rocks, then take them back, them give them to her again over and over, I had many opportunities to try out my new word!

I later amused Mommy by playing "fetch" all by myself. Mommy threw a ball into the yard and said "ball". I responded by saying "ball" and then running to go get it. I brought it back to Mommy, but instead of handing it to her, I threw it back into the yard again myself! At which time I said "ball" and ran out and got it. I entertained myself (and Mommy too) for a whole 30 minutes just doing this!

I also have learned the word "hot", which I have used on several occasions. I'm turning into quite a little conversationalist!